Galaxy Note 5 Vs Galaxy S6 E+ Vs iPhone 6S+

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Sevanw, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Sevanw macrumors 6502a

Sevanw

Finally someone does a shootout and does what every shootout should do, declare a winner. Probably one of the most neutral reviews I've ever seen.

2. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

That is a great in depth detailed review!
    I have both the iPhone 6s Plus and the Note 5 and echo his findings.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

One of my favorite reviewers. Enjoying my edge+

4. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Pocketnow has always been pretty unbiased on their reviews. Common sense usually wins the day, which is how it should be.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

Great review! Those three phones are arguably the best smartphones of 2015. I honestly am shocked that I loved my Note 5 this much. I wasn't a big Samsung fan, but after using the N5, I am a believer. Next year is going to very interesting. Samsung will learn from the Note 5 and improve it, and Apple will redesign the iPhone. Honestly, speaking, if you can afford both the 6S Plus and Note 5 and/or Edge +, you would have the best (IMO) of both worlds.

6. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Totally agree. I'm rocking both phones and it should satisfy me until next summer. Samsung truly delivered this year but the iPhone 6S Plus is a great runner up.

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

8. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Excellent video! All 3 are awesome. For me, it's the Note 5. After a month or so, I still am impressed with it's smoothness (and that's without any modding, just Nova).

I have to hand it to Apple. I thought that there was no way that they would come close to last year's #s. Obviously, I was wrong.

Competition really working here.

Yup!

9. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Good job very soon I'll own all three of them :) Come on 9th October for iPhone ordering :)

11. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

How many phones do you need? Just curious.

12. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

It's still ios. :rolleyes:

13. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

Compared to my Galaxy S6 experience it's a blessing.

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's a question my accountant keeps asking too :)

15. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Compared to my iOS designed for iPod experience that's so limiting and restrictive that I can't even place app icon anywhere on the home screen.

16. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Ugh, I know. I'd much rather be customizing my phone and choosing precisely where an apps goes rather than using it and getting stuff done... /s

17. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

Oh great point point...because after you get it customised (one time thing) to be more efficient you will never be able to get MORE stuff done that way... /s

18. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Outstanding point.. Putting the 10 apps I actually use together is just such a waste of time when I have to spend a half a second to tap it.

19. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

oh yeah i see your point......because you use your iphone just the way it is out of the box. You don't customise your screen to arrange the apps in folders where you want them at all. When you install a new app....you just leave the icon exactly wherever it is. You don't move it where it is easier to find. You just blindly scroll through screens searching for your favorite most used apps........ you're right customiszation just sucks.....it doesn't lead to efficiency at all /s

20. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Yeah, totally, I have 9 pages of just apps, blindly arranged. /s Oh, wait, I've had the exact same icon and folder arrangement since my got my 5s after switching from android that I used for 3 years. I have all my apps I use for work (mail & calendar) on my first screen along with apps I use for personal use (safari, messages, Spotify, fantasy football, espn, weather, YouTube, Twitter, snapchat, etc.) The second page is neatly organized with some apps and some folders that I use maybe twice a week. I find myself much more organized on iOS than I was on android. I always would have to dig into my app drawer which couldn't be arranged since I like my home screen to be clean with 2 pages max.

21. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

See now you get it!!!! Customization is good so that's why I don't understand the post of yours I originally responded to. Being able to customize the user experience is great and it does lead to being more efficient.

22. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I was pointing towards the fact the poster was complaining about the auto-align icons in ios, not customization in general.

23. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

But it kinda is the same thing.......I have to work hard to get my icons arranged just the way I want them on my iphone 6s plus. I have to move them around a few times to get them somewhat in the order I want them to be. Not so on my Note 5. I can arrange them in any order I want without have the OS try to arrange them for me. I waste time trying to get things just the way I want on my iphone. Then if I install a new app.....starts all over again.
    My Note 5 is just the opposite. I can arrange apps and widgets to be just where I want them to be and that leads to more efficiency and getting stuff done faster.
    Now I am not saying one phone is better than the other. I like them both :)

24. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Ugh, I know. I'd much rather take the time to jail break my phone with Chinese malware that steals my credentials to do the basics. /s

25. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

As long as you can change the wallpaper and put the apps I want on the home screen, that's as far as my interest goes. No fuss, less hassle regardless of device.

Good review video btw.