Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clg82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California
Kind of a weird question, but I thought I would try and get your opinion on this....with the release of the Note 20 is anyone using their AppleWatch (LTE) version, with a different phone that isn't an iPhone? That way you have the apple watch to enjoy as well as the use of another phone note an iPhone? If so....thoughts, and recommendations?

Pangalactic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2016
Eh...not really. The compatibility is mostly not there, whether it's Apple Watch + Android or Galaxy Watch + iPhone.

Reactions: diggy33

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Kind of a weird question, but I thought I would try and get your opinion on this....with the release of the Note 20 is anyone using their AppleWatch (LTE) version, with a different phone that isn't an iPhone? That way you have the apple watch to enjoy as well as the use of another phone note an iPhone? If so....thoughts, and recommendations?

Not fully, no. You still need the phone to activate the watch and pair with just to get it going.

Despite the increased independence of WatchOS there’s still a degree of symbiosis between the two devices.

That’s not to say once paired you can’t use it without an iPhone, but there’ll be many features that’ll be limited or non functional.

If you really want to get the best out of both worlds then why not pick up a cheap iPhone 6 or 7 just to pair the watch with and handle the aspects that do need an iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.