Galaxy S4 appearing as an external drive?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by tekno, Jun 1, 2013.

1. tekno macrumors 6502a

I have a Galaxy S3 and a MacBook Air. I'm thinking about getting the S4. For anyone that has one, does it appear as an external drive when plugged into a Mac to allow drag-and-drop?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It didn't for me. So I just used the android file transfer programme to access it's contents.

Neither does the HTC one mount for me also.

3. tekno thread starter macrumors 6502a

The File Transfer thing didn't work for my S3. Apparently it's a problem with Macs. Frustrating!

4. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

Did you have Kies installed at the same time? File transfer doesn't work if it is. :)

5. nick_elt macrumors 68000

nick_elt

Yes, it does work fine BUT it doesnt play nicely with kies so you have to have one or the other. So yes you can drag and drop from a mac to and s4 (or s3)

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Only if you have some sort of software installed. I haven't tried Kies but Android File Transfer works with my S4.

7. tekno thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, the irony.

8. beaniemyman macrumors 6502

it doesn't works well with kies, but if kies isn't installed in the computer it functions ok.

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Your point?

10. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

use Airdroid. use your browser/wifi connection to do nearly everything. no wires. drag and drop file transfer. send/receive messages and much more.

its really useful when you can't find usb cable or need to transfer files quick.