Galaxy S4.....Where are all the leaks?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by KnightMan, Feb 27, 2013.

1. KnightMan macrumors member

The GS4 is about to be unveiled in 2 weeks, but we have absolutely no real leaks. Samsung apparently did the same with the GS3. How are Samsung able to get security tighter than Apple. I was hoping to see some solid leaks by now. oh well, 2 weeks isnt much longer to wait.

2. grkm3 macrumors 6502a

did you ever think that apple maybe leaked the specs to keep people from jumping ship to the gs3?

When you know you cant ship something and your competitor is selling its in your best interest to let people on the fence on leaving what is about to come out.

now if apple today leaked full specs of the iphone 5s you could bet Samsung would let a few secrets out the bag

3. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Smaller supply chain - Samsung makes their own displays and RAM and other components....hence less moving around between suppliers.

Apple on the other hand has manufacturers all over the place - more room for error......there's also the sheer volume for each - though Samsung is catching up.

4. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

5. Dave.UK macrumors 65816

Dave.UK

So going by that logic, ipod, iphone, ATV and ipad shouldnt be discussed on this site because their not Macs :rolleyes:

6. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

7. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

What I mean by outlining the name of the website is that is is apple based lol ^.^

8. Dave.UK macrumors 65816

Dave.UK

Yup, and this is the "Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices" section of the forum.

Many people in this section are Mac or other Apple product owners, that discuss other manufacturer products. :rolleyes:

9. The Game 161 macrumors Pentium

The Game 161

10. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Last year the S3 wasn't truly revealed, until the week before the official announcement. There were leaks earlier in fake housing, bad cases, fooling people as to the design. I think same again this year, we won't see the real deal, until like a week before.

11. Timzer macrumors 6502

Ummm....this is the Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices sub-forum. The post is in the correct place, your response isn't.

@OP, Sammy has been pretty good with security. They went to great lenghts to hide the GS3. No doubt they're doing the same for the GS4. It's a big advantage to being a true OEM. Mostly everything is in house.

12. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

I knew that, however a big oooops to me for not looking at where I was posting :eek: haha sorry! I am a lurker in this section too though. :)

13. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

There supply chain is controlled mainly by themselves.

14. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

There are case leaks that point to the S4 being more square-y. Google it.

Other than that, though, Samsung has kept a tight ship.