Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 4 may get Android L in November /December

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The Game 161, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Awesome.

I hope the SGS5 gets even better performance thanks to ART and I really like the new notifications.

Apart from that, I don't remember anything else interesting. Samsung phones already have power saving features and do not disturb.

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I wouldn't get my hopes up, but that's good to hear. It's certainly in Samsung's interest to get moving on that.

Though, Touchwiz already had a great feature set, and I'm already using Art.

3. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

I wouldn't count on it, and if it does come out this Fall, I bet it's just a band aid version, poorly hacked onto existing Touchwiz.

Where the all new Galaxy S6 coming in March, will be fully built around Android L, and Touchwiz on the S6 officially made for the 'L' version. I bet will be different and much better than 'L' on the S5 and Note 4.

4. JaySoul macrumors 68030

JaySoul

Samsung certainly have the resources to make this happen - it's their will that is in question.

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 604

Shanghaichica

If previous schedules hold I think we are looking at Feb/March of 2015.

6. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

This^. Assuming that L is released around the customary late Oct, early Nov timeframe that's becoming customary for new Android releases, the only devices I expect to see L on shortly thereafter are Nexus, GPE, and probably soon after, Moto Xs.

7. 0000757 macrumors 68040

Don't expect the new notifications. TouchWiz'll make sure of that.

8. rrl macrumors 6502

rrl

An unlocked pink Note 4 with Android L. I'm there.

9. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

If this is true, I will stop bitching about Samsung not continuing their google play edition this year