Galaxy Tab 10.1 is so slow...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Aug 30, 2011.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Anyone has galaxy Tab 10.1 or anyone tried it? This thing is so slow. It is one of the slowest devices I have ever used. The problem begins in apps. It is just so slow with any websites I go to...

It doesn't play flash very well. It crashes and burns.
    The battery life is much less than iPad 2.

The only thing I like about is the screen.

Do I have a defective one?

2. shingi70 macrumors regular

Maybe. The one I played with fwas just as fast as an ipad 2. Flash played great and never saw any crashes.

3. rikbrown macrumors regular

Why don't you post on a Galaxy Tab forum for help? Instead of trying to flamebait here?

4. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

Doesn't a lot of people post about HP toucpad, Xoom and other tablets on here?

Calling me a falmebait is very nice of you. Thanks.

5. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

You may have been sincere in asking the question but doesn't it occur to you that you're very unlikely to get much in the way of helpful comments on this board? You could have asked about your Prius, your Maytag washer, or any number of other products that would elicit much the same level of help.

6. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: It's fine to post about competitors' products in the most relevant forum. If anyone feels a post about a competitor (or Apple, for that matter) is flamebait/trolling, then report the post and we'll deal with it. But genuine questions and comments of this type are fine.

Carry on... :)

7. mystik610, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

mystik610 macrumors regular

The Samsung Galaxy Tab is a wonderful piece of hardware....loaded with an unfinished, buggy, software (Android).

My wife and I have owned several android devices since the G2, and what you're complaining about is true of all Android devices. Interestingly enough I owned a hacked HTC HD2 that was capable of dual booting either Windows Phone 7 and Android at one point. Neither OS was the native OS, however, Windows Phone 7 ran beautifully, and Android was very buggy. The same was true of my G2 and the wife's mytouch and EVO.

Android, IMO, is best suited for hardcore techies who love to tinker. It's a very capable OS if you're willing to invest the time and deal with the little quirks to make it work. But I don't think it’s a good OS for most people. I’m a tech nerd at heart, but given that my mobile devices are closely integrated in the delicate balance between my work, school, and personal life, I simply don’t have the patience to deal with all of that any more, particularly when the alternatives (iOS, Windows Phone 7, WebOS) are plenty capable without all of the issues.

I gave Android a very strong consideration when shopping tablets, and took a hard look at the Asus EEpad transformer. But after spending a lot of time with it in the store and getting some feedback from transformer owners over on the XDA forum, found that it was more of the same Android, and that it wasn’t for me. iOS’s wall full of App icons UI feels very antiquated to me, IMO, and I much prefer Android’s Widgets (and windows phone’s live tiles), but having to jump through hoops just to get Android to work decently is not worth the trouble for me anymore.

Lack of stability (compared to iOS), less than ideal batter life, and an un-intuitive OS (out of the box) is inherent in Android. Its a consequence to the openness that makes Android great. It's hard to have a truly open source OS, and expect everything to run consistently and smoothly. If you aren't willing to deal with the quirks inherent in Android, and do not care for the open nature of it, I'd strongle suggest getting rid of the tab while you can.

8. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Agree with you. I was just wondering about your signature iPhone 4 8GB? :D

9. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not sure asking this question on a apple built site is the greatest idea.

10. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Sounds like you need an iPad. store.apple.com :D

11. mystik610 macrumors regular

oops.

fixed!

12. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

My parents had the first gen Galaxy Tab for about 20 days and returned it. It was a mess. Crashes, bugs, slowness, non user friendly UI---they couldn't take it anymore. In the next few days they're buying an iPad 3G for Verizon.