Galaxy Tab 2 at Walmart

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bchagey, May 11, 2012.

1. Bchagey macrumors 6502

Although I have, and love the new iPad..I want to purchase the 7 inch Galaxy Tab 2 by Samsung to learn the ins and outs of ICS. I called Best Buy and they did not have any..I then called Walmart and they told me they are not allowed to sell them till Monday the 14th. Have they previously been available for purchase at Walmart or will this be their debut? The employee on the phone did not have much knowledge of anything going on.

2. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

What a waste of money? You have the new iPad and you want to buy another tablet just to see ICS? I have ICS on my phone. It's nothing special in the least bit.

Seriously dude, save your money.

3. iamhuman macrumors newbie

I am looking for one myself. I have two iPad 3 and still want the Tab 2 for the freedom to do more of what you want without using iTunes, the "leash"!:p

4. doboy macrumors 68000

You may get better responses from an android forum. I would just wait for the upcoming Nexus tablet for "non-skinned" ICS and who knows by then Jellybean.

5. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Costco has them for $239 and Amazon has them for $249.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

maybe by learn the ins and outs he meant try out android? maybe he has an old version of android on a phone and likes it?

he would have prolly asked his mom or girlfriend if he wanted someone to nag on him ;)

7. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I picked one up at Costco last weekend.... I like the size, it.s nicer for reading ebooks.

Plus one does not have to worry about scratching it :D
    It's no iPad but fun for sure....

8. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

In that case, he really doesn't want our opinions, he just wants us to reinforce his desire to buy the thing. He should have made that more clear.

9. Bob Sanders macrumors member

Got my hands on one at work and it was OK I guess. Android tablets are a mess right now. Our Acer Iconia A100 POS is running ICS while the Galaxy Tab 10.1, the premiere Android tablet for the last year, is on Honeycomb still. Not that it matters, Android tablet app development, ICS or not, is a nightmare hellride compared to iOS.

10. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

... or, go for the rumoured extra-hi-res Samsung tablets. Hope they will turn out to be real.

11. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I'd wait for the new high-res tablets coming out to try first, but I will say the Tab 2 I like, mainly b/c of the 7" size. Sold our iPad2 as rarely used it, but the GF's Fire is so comfy and perfect to hold and type like it's a bigger phone, can't really do that with the iPad or larger Android tab's. If Apple made a 7" one like rumored I'd pry buy it.

I was going to grab a Tab 2 but waiting as word is their working on high res devices to be released.

12. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Yeah... with the iPad 3 around, there isn't any point in purchasing any low-res 10" tablet any more as you wouldn't ever use it (who would, when the iPad 3's screen is so much better, and if and when the jailbreak comes, it'll be much more capable - think of e.g. Quasar, which I've found extremely good on my iPad 2).

Now, 7" tablets are a different subject, particularly the (coat-)pocketable ones. If they're sufficiently cheap, I can consider using it while out, instead of dragging around my iPad 3 in its own bag.

13. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

This is why I went with a 4.3" phone. I have no need for a 10" tablet and there's no 7" iPad (yet). :D

14. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

The 7.7 inch Galaxy Tab has a super AMOLED Plus screen and it is lovely.

15. captmatt macrumors regular

The 7 inch was available in April. The one coming out on Monday is the 10 inch version. That's why you got two different answers. The Walmart clerk probably didn't hear the "7 inch" in your request.