Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
So I'm basically retiring my iPad 2. It's been a joy using it. It is cracked at the top pretty good and a hairline crack down to the bottom. Each corner is dented and it also has a hard time picking up wifi signal when not in the same room as the router. See pic below.

I don't think it's worth the repair, so I'm thinking of Pre-ordering the Galaxy tab 3 10.1 or getting a Nexus 10.

The tab 3 won't have as good as a resolution as the latest iPad and it's still at 1GB RAM and 16 ROM only.

The Nexus 10 has 2GB RAM and the option of 32GB, but no SD card slot. The resolution is even better than the iPad.

However, I do like TouchWiz. And SD card slot is a plus, since I can throw in a 64gb and put plenty of movies and photos on it. Not really big on Music on a tablet, plus I already have uploaded a ton of music which I can stream from Google music.

Nexus 10 would probably be the most future proof though, with updates and hardware.

This one is a hard choice. LOL

EDIT ...... Or maybe I should wait for THIS

2013_07_03_23_46_10.jpg

Last edited:

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Hard choice? Nexus 10 without question...

And what are talking about using a stylus with the Tab 3? It would be exactly the same as a stylus on the Nexus 10.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Hard choice? Nexus 10 without question...

And what are talking about using a stylus with the Tab 3? It would be exactly the same as a stylus on the Nexus 10.

The Nexus doesn't have a digitizer like the Note. I used the stylus on a Note 2 before and it's pretty good, compared to a normal stylus without a digitizer screen.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I might just go nuts and splurge on the Ativ Q when it comes out :D

3200 x 1800, Windows 8 + vanilla Android 4.2.2 (!), S-pen (I'm presuming all the S-pen functionality will be added in before release), convertible to a laptop with real keyboard + "nipple" (which I prefer to touchpad, being a Thinkpad geek)... It's a bit kinky, I know. But I'm actually holding off on getting a new tablet until I've actually tested this thing.

beavo451

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
The Nexus doesn't have a digitizer like the Note. I used the stylus on a Note 2 before and it's pretty good, compared to a normal stylus without a digitizer screen.

The Tab 3 10.1 is not a Note and does not have a digitizer. It is a mid-range product.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
The Tab 3 10.1 is not a Note and does not have a digitizer. It is a mid-range product.

Your right, pardon my confusion.

I might just go nuts and splurge on the Ativ Q when it comes out :D

3200 x 1800, Windows 8 + vanilla Android 4.2.2 (!), S-pen (I'm presuming all the S-pen functionality will be added in before release), convertible to a laptop with real keyboard + "nipple" (which I prefer to touchpad, being a Thinkpad geek)... It's a bit kinky, I know. But I'm actually holding off on getting a new tablet until I've actually tested this thing.

Damn that's impressive. LOL

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
The Tab 3 is a pretty mediocre tablet. You'd be much better served with a Nexus 10 unless you want to sacrifice the performance and screen for Samsungs customizations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.