Game Center 1 Turn won't go away

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thesheleys, Jul 9, 2013.

1. thesheleys macrumors member

I don't know if this is just an IOS 7 problem but when I go into Game Center it keeps telling me I have 1 Turn to do for Despicable Me: Minion Rush with an Auto Match Player.

I uninstalled the game and removed it from Game Center yet that Turn is still there.

I even installed it again and clicked on the Turn and selected play my turn and it is still there.

Any thoughts?

2. chrizzz09 macrumors regular

3. thesheleys thread starter macrumors member

Well at least I am not the only one!

Thanks,

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

You have to complete the turn before it will go away. Then you can uninstall it.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

same game same bug. I hate it!...I just turned off the badge:mad:

6. RandomGuy26 macrumors regular

same game same bug here too.. :)

7. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

Yupp. SAME EXACT THING for me too, except I also have it for Letterpress

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Make sure you are completing the turn rather than just clicking into the turn from Game Center. Actually do the turn because GC is checking to see if you did it or not.

It's not a bug.

9. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I do think it is some kind of bug. As i complete my turn. And it just prompts me to have another turn. And it won't go away at all. Some of these are for games i have not played in ages. On ios 6 it does not do this. But as soon as i try to install ios 7 it says i have a turn constantly. And on ios 6 i can at least decline invites and turns etc. On ios 7 i cannot do it, since it does not even give me the option.

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

In beta 1, I had a Letterpress turn that was waiting for me and I had the same issue where I couldn't get it to go away even if I deleted the game. I ended up reinstalling it, completing the turn, and then deleting it and it went away.

11. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I tried that. The problem I have is games like despicable me, minion run. I can't just take my turn. Since technically there is no end to the game. It's like temple run in that you keep going and going etc. so if you die, you just try again. So I reinstall the game. Keep going till I cannot go further into the game. ( I am dead and don't have any more power ups or whatever to revive) And Game Center once again reminds me it is my turn. It seems to only happen on games that are continuous, like the temple runs etc. anything else it works fine. So I have resorted to hiding the badge for Game Center.

12. brian.teper macrumors newbie

And how I can complete the turn? I play the game many times but the turn is still there!!!! I hate that turn.

13. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

That is my problem. Games like despicable me minion run and others, it's always my turn. You can't complete your turn cause there is no turn. It just keeps going and going. So someone saying you have to complete your turn is useless. I have an iPad with iOS 6, and an iPhone with iOS 7. And I only have this bug in iOS 7.

14. batting1000 macrumors 604

I wasn't aware you were playing that type of game and I also wasn't aware Game Center notified you about it being your turn on those types of games. Sorry.

15. bpp85 macrumors member

bpp85

16. lewismayell macrumors 6502a

Had this since beta 1 haha, I have completed my turn, twice, still there

17. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Yeah it's an annoying bug that happens on games where there is no true "turn" you take per say. After I turned off badge alerts, I even forget that bug exist after a while.

18. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

19. benji888, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

omg, it's a beta, not finished, not optimized, bugs,:rolleyes:...

whenever I do a sync (via computer), the App Store icon still has a red number on it, it goes away if I open App Store and click on Updates.

Podcast app is buggy, and does this too.

I've seen other apps, including game center app, have incorrect red number on them.

Apple even stated that notifications are known not to work correctly at this point, (but who reads the fine print, eh?). ...If this is still happening with the GM (Golden Master), then we should report it as a bug, but, this is not a big deal, maybe an irritation to you & others, but not a big deal.

20. randomdude macrumors regular

You can now remove the turn in Game Center app. Someone posted it in the beta 4 forum. I think they said you click on the turn, then on the screen where the bubble for play your turn is you can delete it from the top right corner.

21. iJason87 macrumors regular

Thank you soo much. That was a huge annoyance. Thank god it's fixed.

22. AFDoc macrumors 68030

23. Raenaidu macrumors newbie

Had the same problem and realised that once I click on the green bubble which says my turn, another page opens showing the subject like an email... Clicked on it and another page opened with the green bubble again and on the top right hand corner, there's a blue icon that says remove... It helped to clear it... :)

24. 53t1 macrumors newbie

So I removed one turn, and then some time later, it showed that I had another turn to complete. This is very annoying. :mad:

25. Kit Kat macrumors newbie

Minion rush

What does it mean by "taking/completing your turn"? Is it just saying to go and play the game, or have I not been pressing the right things? I press play my turn and it directs me to the app where I then press play or run again. Am I doing something wrong and what should I be doing? It never goes away unless I manually delete it in game center.
    :(