Game center applications ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by /dev/toaster, Jun 18, 2010.

1. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Does anyone know of any games that are currently (or waiting for approval) that will make use of the game center ?

2. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

No. I've talked with some developers who plan on using it, but as far as I know, GameCenter isn't quite ready to go yet, and Apple is still working on it. :apple:

3. /dev/toaster thread starter macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Hmm, so I guess that means 8A293 isn't the GM since Game Center is included in it. You can sign up and everything, but thats it.

Will confuse the crap out of a lot of people come Monday.

4. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

They released the API for the game center but I'm sure it's going to take a month or so before games start to trickle in. I'm excited about the game center.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Game Center isn't supposed to be ready till the fall.

6. /dev/toaster thread starter macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Thats what I thought, just surprised it came installed on the GM build.

7. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It's there for the developers, so they can start getting their games ready for it.

8. sharp65 macrumors 6502

Gamecenter won't be in the build that's pushed through itunes to everyone else. They needed to put it in the GM build so dev's could still use it.

9. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

So it will be on the phones of millions of customers before it's functional?

10. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...s_4_game_center_goes_live_for_developers.html

Apple's Game Center in iOS 4 is now enabling user logins for the first time since the company began distributing the app with developer builds of the next OS for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Game Center is Apple's new social gaming network for the iOS platform, which allows users to login to an account, invite friends to play games, find other users to join into multiplayer games, track achievements within games, and compare scores in leader board listings.

In addition to the new Game Center app, iOS 4 includes a series of GameKit APIs for developers that enable them to add Game Center support to their apps.

Logging into Game Center

The beta Game Center app only recently began responding to login attempts. Users now report being able to login via their existing Apple ID / iTunes accounts. Game Center also offers to set up a new account (below).