Game Center driving me nuts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Faeore, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Faeore macrumors newbie

Any time I go to open a game, freaking "game center" asks if I want to sign in. No I don't want to ****ing sign in, I don't want to have anything to do with stupid game center.
    So every time, I have to hit cancel, cancel, only then can I play my game
    Seems I can't get the **** off of my ipod, but how can I get it to **** off without signing in or bashing in the brains of my ipod touch? Because I'm about ready to.

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

restore to firmware without game centre. or failing that, play games that do not ask you to do this.

I don't believe there to be any default settings to disable game centre or requests but if Jailbroken then there may be some options.

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

it doesn't ask me to sign in every time i play a game. And why don't you just sign in and stay signed in and then it wont ask.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Exactly. You can create a new account with a new email address that's different than your regular iTunes account for Game Center, if you are afraid your boss / other people are going to find you on game center.

5. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Both very simple solutions that would ease your problem. I'm sure you can try one of these and report back to us

6. neim81094 macrumors newbie

There is a cydia tweak that disables gamecenter but idk what its called

7. Wendell F macrumors newbie

Wendell F

The problem with this is that when you're signed in, the phone connects to Game Center when you start a game, eating your data allowance. It's not a ton, but still, with the unlimited data package dead you gotta keep an eye on these things.

I know this is an old-@$$ thread, but I'm hoping someone knows a way to have nothing to do with Game Center without jailbreaking. Right now it's a choice between dealing with the sign-in prompts, avoiding half the games I play or just dealing with using precious kb that could otherwise be used for watching monkeys doin it on YouTube. :p

8. srollans macrumors newbie

Don't like Game Center? You CAN disable it completely

You can COMPLETELY disable Game Center prompts and greetings, and still enjoy Game Center-enabled games.

1) If you have signed up for Game Center and now wish to opt out, launch Game Center. Click on your account name, and select "Sign Out" from the pop-up.

2) Launch "Settings" and select "Notifications." Under "In Notification Center" find and select Game Center.

3) Turn all the sliders to "OFF," and set "Alert Style" to "None."

That's it. You will have no more annoying alerts telling you you're not signed in to Game Center, and urging you to sign up. You will have no more annoying "Welcome back" greetings every time you play a Game Center game.

To really get Game Center out of the way, tap and hold the icon and then, once it starts wiggling, drag it one page beyond all the apps you actually use.

9. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

If I recall correctly you may be able to turn it off in Restrictions in Settings. I know you can't hide the app like you can YouTube, but as far as I can remember there are two things you can turn off. I'd check there.

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Jailbreak > OpenSSH > delete gamecenter.app

Worked for me. Or you could just sign in. :)