Game Center not working properly

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by LOLZpersonok, Feb 25, 2014.

1. LOLZpersonok macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Since I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7, Game Center has not worked properly. Game Center games do still work, I just cannot view what games I have or what games others have. I want to view my achievements for Tiny Tower but I can't; it says that there is no data available because of network connection problems or other errors. I know it isn't my network, and I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong.

Any suggestions? I don't want to restore my phone.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Try holding the home and sleep/wake button at the same time until you see the apple logo

3. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

Ah, thanks. That seems to have worked. Odd, because I tried signing out and signing back in with my Apple ID before, and that didn't work, and this time, when I had to sign in, it worked again. Odd, if you ask me.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Cool I'm glad it worked it was probably just a software thing.

5. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

I noticed that there are a few quirks with the iOS 7 software. There's one in particular that bugs me - it's the animation lag that lasts for about half a second after the operating system animations, such as closing/opening applications, swiping screens, drawing down/up the notification and control centres, etc.

For people like me who like to navigate faster than the speed of light, this is quite a nuisance.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yeah I like to navigate at the speed of light to that's why I'm so happy to use someone's 5s. My iPhone 4 doesn't let me go any faster then a snail unfortunately. But the only thing we can do about bugs is update are software when ever possible.

7. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

The iPhone 5S seems to be barely faster than the 5, I think. I don't mean general slowness. What I'm talking about is that after an OS animation plays, it doesn't respond to any input interactions (via screen or buttons) for about half a second, which is annoying.

Sorry if I come across rude, I'm not trying to if I am.

8. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

No one can navigate with the speed of light, you would be travelling on time if you were able to do that :p

Joke aside, I think iOS 7.1 does sort out the animation speed concerns that some people do have with iOS 7. Maybe not as fast as iO6 but faster then iOS 7.0.X

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Maybe the animation just needs to finish. It will be better in 7.1

10. LOLZpersonok thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOLZpersonok

I sure hope so, because it is a bothersome issue to me.