Game center

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sotorious, May 9, 2011.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

Games that are supported with game center, do they have multiplayer? i mean i never really understood the concept of it. I thought it was just all of your friends keeping track of there scores.

2. kaibex macrumors 6502

kaibex

It allows you to add other gamers to your friends list, so you could invite them to play again a little like Xbox/PS3, as well as showing leaderboard for your friends who have the same app/game.

3. jthomp macrumors regular

To be honest, I don't even truly know the in's and out's of gamecenter. It sounded like a great idea when first announced, but never really caught on in my opinion... Maybe it's just me...

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm not sure what all Game Center was supposed to be for, but for me it's basically boiled down to "I can brag to my wife that I'm better at Angry Birds than she is."

So that's cool.

5. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just saw a video of fruit ninja being played multiplayer via gamecenter. Now im wondering can you do that on all games that game center is being supported by.

6. mattkowalski macrumors member

Wasn't it touted at one point as a player match-making service as well? Not sure I've seen too many games that make use of it - unless I mis-remember, or just don't play enough games!!

7. fraggot macrumors 6502

I've yet to really use it cause not many games use the multi-player feature. Plus a lot of the games that do, you have to play with only people on your friends list instead of just a random person, like match making.