Game Center

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Salacion, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Salacion macrumors 6502a

Am I the only who's overtly excited about this feature?

Perhaps it's just me, but I'm tired of OpenFeint and Plus+, especially since every game using OpenFeint has to put a stupid badge on their icon. Don't get me wrong, OpenFeint looks good, but I just don't need an extra account for something I didn't want in the first place (openfeint for this, Plus+ for that...).

But to get to the point; I had an epiphany. How cool would it be to have iphone multiplayer games that support voice chat? Imagine if Minigore supported multiplayer deathmatch (it's easily viable), and imagine yourself, sitting down with the headphones on playing Minigore MP, talking to other players and formulating strategies to defeat the opposing team. God would that be awesome.

And something else I'd like to ask; what is everyone's all time FAVORITE iphone game?

2. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty excited about it, especially as an Xbox Live user who understands that a good social network makes all the difference for online gaming. If done right, it could really be a gamer changer (pun intended). Being able to compare leaderboards, achievements, and invite friends easily is really something the iPhone needs.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It garnered a large Meh from me.

Its not a feature that I'll be embracing, but for folks who like to play games, I suppose this can be a fun thing

4. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I think this is pretty cool as well. Imagine being able to connect with others at anytime anywhere from either your iPhone, iPod and/or iPad.

5. Salacion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Friends

So by connecting with friends, I assume they're referring to joining them in a chatroom? I really would like to see more games implement a multiplayer system, and use Game Center as its core. Because ultimately, joining friends would be more exciting within a game.

And I just thought about something else. Anyone ever play or hear of Castle Crashers for the PS3? Just imagine a game of that style for the iPhone. [drools]

6. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

Its not a chatroom, it is like competing against people with different games. I hope it is just like Xbox Live with upcoming great games.