Game Center?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbjectEvolution, Jun 7, 2010.

1. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

Ok I'm wondering... do you guys think that the lack of talk of the game center today is because it won't be available right away with iOS4, or did they just not have the time to go over it? They only spoke of a few features of the new stuff today, but I personally would think that the game center is one of the biggest selling points. The iPhone especially has become a major game player for gamers today and the game center was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. The video chat is cool (but very limited) and HD Video and such... but I think I play games on my iPhone more than I do anything else on it.

Thoughts?

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

They said at the iOS4 preview that Game Center will not be available until the fall.

People really need to learn how to pay attention...

3. cowsrus macrumors 6502

ran out of time

they already ran through the main points of ios4 more or less before today and only went over things that may seem confusing, hopefully we hear more in the next 2 weeks

4. AbjectEvolution thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't make blind assumptions that I and everyone else on this planet knows every single little detail that you do. It has nothing to do with paying attention. I was trying to keep up with all of the info as best as I could while my wife had an interview at a college she wants to go to.... so excuse me for missing a few details.

That said... I suppose the Fall isn't too far away if that's true. I am fairly positive that showcasing it at the conference and making it available along with everything else would be icing on the cake for many people.... but I'm sure they just aren't ready to release it yet.

5. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Blind assumption? So since 8 April 2010 you didn't happen to see it in the threads or read the many sites that have this exact phrase:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/08/iphone-os-4-0-unveiled-shipping-this-summer/

Seriously, spare me from your lack of observations. If it takes you two months to notice something, you've got bigger things to worry about than what someone types on a forum.

6. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

On another note... looking forward to the game center thing, its gonna be big

7. redking31591 macrumors 6502

game center will likely get detailed at apple's usual september event, which is more focused on music and media. the iPod touch, after all, is more of the gaming device and september is still the summer

8. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

This sounds most likely, it will be a massive thing for the community, bring this in and you bring competitiveness bring that in and you form big community, the community is already huge as it is.... so allot of gaming will commence.

Hoping a achievements point system works well, just like xbox live.