game center

homrb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Dallas, TX
Do you think theres any way to make game center show up because I see it in iphone explorer and it also shows up in things like rename. Maybe theres a way to make it pop up on the home screen???

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Do you think theres any way to make game center show up because I see it in iphone explorer and it also shows up in things like rename. Maybe theres a way to make it pop up on the home screen???
Just out of curiosity, why would you want it to show up? (service is not up yet)

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
The app isn't actually there. If you look in the app folder it's just two icons, nothing more.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
I installed Gamecenter from that source and was going to create an account until I saw that you have to enter your iTunes email and password, I didn't fancy doing that after hearing about all the iTunes account hacking that's been going on, after all how do you know that thing is legit

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
I wouldn't recommend downloading the gamercenter.app from an untrusted source. It could be modified in some way to harvest passwords. Just wait a month till it's released officially.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
I wouldn't recommend downloading the gamercenter.app from an untrusted source. It could be modified in some way to harvest passwords. Just wait a month till it's released officially.
Yep, that's why I didn't bother with it, seems kinda pointless too if all you can do ATM is create an account...

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Yep, that's why I didn't bother with it, seems kinda pointless too if all you can do ATM is create an account...
Yea I tried it when it was in the 4.0 GM and just created a name. Pretty much a box you put your name in.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Yea I tried it when it was in the 4.0 GM and just created a name. Pretty much a box you put your name in.
Yea same here, just a bunch of blank pages then wasn't it. I'm interested in seeing what it's like when they finally release it though

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Yea same here, just a bunch of blank pages then wasn't it. I'm interested in seeing what it's like when they finally release it though
Yea I'm curious as to what will happen to the existing networks like Openfeint, Plus+, Crystal etc. I don't like the current fragmentation but at the same time they're all very mature networks with solid features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.