game center

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by homrb, Aug 5, 2010.

1. homrb macrumors regular

Do you think theres any way to make game center show up because I see it in iphone explorer and it also shows up in things like rename. Maybe theres a way to make it pop up on the home screen???

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Just out of curiosity, why would you want it to show up? (service is not up yet)

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

The app isn't actually there. If you look in the app folder it's just two icons, nothing more.

4. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

I wasnt planning on using it, i was just curious to see if I could get it out of its hiding place:D

5. Tango7010 macrumors newbie

Tango7010

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Sweet :D

EDIT: You can create your name though. Add me: thefullm0nty

7. Tango7010 macrumors newbie

Tango7010

ahh sweet I didnt have anyone to try this out with, I just sent you a friend request

8. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I installed Gamecenter from that source and was going to create an account until I saw that you have to enter your iTunes email and password, I didn't fancy doing that after hearing about all the iTunes account hacking that's been going on, after all how do you know that thing is legit

9. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

I wouldn't recommend downloading the gamercenter.app from an untrusted source. It could be modified in some way to harvest passwords. Just wait a month till it's released officially.

10. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Yep, that's why I didn't bother with it, seems kinda pointless too if all you can do ATM is create an account...

11. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Yea I tried it when it was in the 4.0 GM and just created a name. Pretty much a box you put your name in.

12. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Yea same here, just a bunch of blank pages then wasn't it. I'm interested in seeing what it's like when they finally release it though

13. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

Yea I'm curious as to what will happen to the existing networks like Openfeint, Plus+, Crystal etc. I don't like the current fragmentation but at the same time they're all very mature networks with solid features.