Game changing photograph

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Mar 10, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Yeah, at least I won't have to buy a Dyson now! :D

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't like the Sport band anyhow. It looks like a kid's watch with it.

4. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Something to keep in mind is with it wrapped around your wrist, it won't be touched as often by oily fingers, which leave unsightly and noticeable residue on materials like rubber in piss poor lighting.

I can only assume those straps have been manhandled during the event in which this photo was taken, too.

5. refslady macrumors regular

I wondered about cleaning this one, and how long the white one would stay white.

6. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

It's nothing that a dunk in 2.9 feet of water probably wouldn't take care of. :)

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Game changing? It looks to me like the user of the watch has no game.

That's how nasty the stap gets if you don't wipe it down occasionally. Same goes for just about everything else in one's home.

8. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Doesn't look terrible to me...Assuming that was one of the models that dozens (hundreds?) of people handled for hours after the event, it looks ok. The one on the left specifically looks pretty good.

I guess in real life if the band gets dirty you could clean it. Always an option.

9. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yeah, they collect dust and skin.

That's partly why the first thing I do when I get a new smartwatch with a rubbery band, is swap it out for a leather one.

I'm also thinking that the shiny stainless steel model will pick up fingerprints, because three sides are big, smooth, and blank.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm assuming the Milanese Loop is going to collect my arm hair even though a tech site says the links are so small his arm hair didn't get caught at all.

11. Sharkey311 Suspended

I made a whole thread about it but for some reason people are scoffing at the concern. Can't wait until they make a thread when they get theirs and it yellows after a while.

12. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I guess, it'll save me a trip to a beauty salon.

13. refslady macrumors regular

Or someone digs into a good, saucy spaghetti dinner and gets orange-red specks on it....

14. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Sport = active-wear, sweat, environmental elements

That's why it's made of "rubber"

15. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Where is it from and what is the context?

What happens when you simply wipe it down?

:/ I still want one of these straps, can't see myself going for a run with one of the more expensive bands.

16. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Some people think Apple products should be immune to dust and the environment. As if there's force-field technology that Jony designed into the rubber.

17. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I own a watch with a rubber band, and it doesn't get as nasty as this, but it does start to wear a little on the bottom of the band where I rest my wrist while typing at a computer all day. It just adds to the character though. :cool:

Is that the silver or space grey sport? I appreciate the direct comparison of the stainless steel to the aluminum.

18. matrix07, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Oh my god! #BandGate!

Alerts the media. :p

19. barger01 macrumors newbie

Is that first watch a silver sport?! I think its insane that the sport line isn't allowing us to buy a silver sport with a black band bundled. That is going to end up being another 49 if we want black. I am not big on the white, pink, blue, and green.

20. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

The good news is, since the Sport models come with two different sized bands, we'll probably be seeing a lot of new straps on ebay for less than $49.

21. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

If so you could just rinse it off in the sink. Not to big of a deal IMO.

22. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Look, I've warned people before about interjecting logic and the scientific method into these threads. HUSH!

23. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I'm thinking that nasty black newspaper ink; it rubs off like crazy on the headphones cords used by Apple. What will happen to the white band if you rest your wrist on the open page of a newspaper and the band rubs over the print as you read? It'll look smudged as hell afterwards for sure.

The white band will be awesome while it's new and pristine, and stay pristine for...well, maybe around 15 minutes, if you're lucky. ;)

24. saschke macrumors 6502