OS Neutral Game Clients :(

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Washac, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Washac, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Is it just me or is anybody else sick and tired of them ?

2. Washac thread starter macrumors 68020

Washac

I got banned from RIFT for a few days not that I am bothered just because I questioned their new client and not in a rude way either.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I use Steam. Nothing else unless it is bundled with the game I've bought from Steam. They are very annoying (apart from Steam which I love). uPlay is probably the worst although I've heard bad things about Origin which I've never used.

4. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Just based on the fact that Origin is EA, no way in hell am I going near it.

I'm a Steam fan. Fun sales, great selection, easy interface and maintenance of installed software and games. Achievements, too.

5. Aspyr-Blair macrumors 6502

I think clients are fine as long as they provide the gamer with a benefit. Both Steam and Origin work fairly well and dont provide a hindrance to the gameplay experience.

Without benefits, a client is just one more thing to distract and click through.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Yeah, that is exactly why I don't use it. And I buy my games exclusivly from Steam. I can't be bothered dealing with two clients. Or EA's horrible games.