Game controller recommendations?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by shacky, Nov 9, 2015.

1. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

Just wondering what reasonably priced game controller would be a good choice for me to pick up. Any recommendations?

2. chiwaw macrumors member

chiwaw

I own three different MFi controllers.

SteelSeries Stratus: surprisingly nice, but it's very small and only useful while travelling with my iPad, and as a potential controller #2 for multiplayer games. I wouldn't recommend it as a main controller for Apple TV, tho.

MOGA Rebel: Piece of sh*t.

SteelSeries Nimbus: I really love that one, and wholeheartedly recommend it.

3. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

4. shacky thread starter macrumors regular

shacky

5. 43moon macrumors newbie

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Is the Nimbus even for sale? I'm assuming you guys who have it are in Europe somewhere since it looks like the company is Danish. I'm in the U.S. and it looks like it's coming in the future. I'm also trying to figure out a good controller because using the remote with a racing game is a little tedious since my hands aren't tiny.

7. chiwaw macrumors member

chiwaw

They are for sale at Apple Store in the US. I walked in the store and simply grabbed mine. If you don't live near a store I'm pretty sure you can have one shipped to your home :)

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Thanks! I just couldn't find it via Amazon and only saw a different model controller. I'm probably going to have to wait on a $50 controller. Too bad my giant Wii U controller won't work since it probably costs that much.

9. chiwaw macrumors member

chiwaw

Yeah I couldn't find it at Amazon or anywhere else, only at Apple for $50. Maybe they have some exclusivity or something?