Game design on Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZenithP, May 12, 2010.

1. ZenithP macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! Been a Mac user for a couple of years and loving it! The thing is, I'm going into the field of Game Design. I'm barely starting school (Community college at 21! Yikes! lol), and I'm barely going to start learning C++. It'll be a couple of years until I go to a Cal State and quite a few years until I open up my own indie game company (wishful thinking maybe, but go along with it please? lol).

Anyway, I've been searching around for info, and some people say Macs are no good for game design at all. Is this true? Will I have to go back to a PC for me to become an Indie game designer?!?!?!

Thank you for your time ^_^.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Alternatively, you can run Windows in Boot Camp.

3. ZenithP thread starter macrumors newbie

True...

Is it complicated to do that?

I think the other reason people say PC's are better in this situation is because of the PC's power and Mac's lack of. Not sure it it's true.

The thing is, I want to be a game designer, not a game programer. Mind you, I'm aware I have to know some game programming, especially since I want to be an indie game designer, but designing itself (storyboard, character design, background images, story writing) is my main focus.

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

No.

Depends on the Mac.

Then having a system with cutting-edge graphics probably isn't as important.

5. ZenithP thread starter macrumors newbie