Game Developer Program

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by alexandre16, Feb 23, 2011.

1. alexandre16 macrumors member

Hi people.
    I want to create iphone games 2D.
    my question is simple, what is the best program to do that?
    I have researched on games with gravity, bombs,balls,etc and so on but I find the tutorials in the program speak cocoa 2d, do not talk like xcode etc, but i only have xcode because is free.
    what advise me?

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Xcode is the only option, excluding using a text editor for the main portions.

3. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Cocos2D is free.. is one of best 2D engines there are. just google youtube, cocos2D tutorial. or google ray Wenderlich (or something) his blog. he has some terrific blogs about that.

And if u do it because it's free. you're gonna be suprised when u play with apple.. lol

4. MDiak47 macrumors newbie

Learn basic OOP programming...Buy Stephan Kochan's book on Objective - C.
    Download Coco2d and install it into Xcode. It's really that simple, well... ;)

5. alexandre16 thread starter macrumors member

thank you for the help guys.
    just one more question where can I find good tutorials on object oriented programming? or if they can recommend a book or something

6. 1458279 Suspended

There are plenty of good OO books out there, but you might want to be concerned with one other thing. ObjC is different than C++, the syntax is different and several other things. ObjC is based on SmallTalk, most books will cover C++ or Java/C#.

When you're learning OO, just keep in mind the difference between ObjC and others.

7. Mr.valve macrumors newbie