game questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smogsy, Feb 3, 2008.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

im trying to quit gaming on my powerhouse pc as it just annoys me now,

so i was going to get few mac games for my mac book to last me till i get mac pro, some nice relaxing games as i have all the fps games already (pc)

question 1: i was going to buy sim2 and simcity 4 the specs are below for the game
    Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.8
    CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
    CPU Speed: 1.2GHz
    Memory: 256 MB or higher
    Hard Disk Space: 3GB free disk space
    Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000
    Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200

Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
    Media Required: DVD Drive

i noticed the GPU are not on any current line and there also mobilty gpus (dx8.1) do you think it work on my new well on my macbook.

question 2: Wheres the best place to buy Mac Games in England
    Apple Stores online does not have sim 2 original :eek: but US does? :confused:
    Amazon uk best place?

question 3: any games you would reccomded?

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

YOu have to be very careful... if the video card is not supported the game will simply not play so be warned of this!

Also your macbook may have trouble keeping up with some of those games (i.e. Sims 2) well my dorm mates had a hard time keeping up with it!

3. Sorkvild macrumors 6502

4. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

Sorry to Threadjack, but I had a question regarding sorkvild's link.

It has powerpc and intel on some of the games I want to play. I will be getting an iMac with the intel chip. Will the games labeled powerpc not work on this at all?

What is this "rosetta" that I saw on that link for some of those games? Im sorry for the questions but Im a noob to macs...finally giving up on pcs :)