Game Recommendations for 2.16 GHz M.B. Intel

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by anthonyf, Jan 23, 2010.

1. anthonyf macrumors newbie

I have a 2 year old white macbook and i'd really love to put a game or two on it. I know that there are very few games that are playable on this laptop... but are there any out there that work well?

I'm looking for a first person shooter, but open to all suggestions.

(I'd rather not run crossover or bootcamp.)

2. Jammerx2 macrumors newbie

The best game, and fps for mac, in my opinion is sauerbraten.

3. Fox11 macrumors member

Okay, this isn't an FPS, and it isn't exactly a graphical masterpiece, but...

Marbleblast Gold! This is the most awesome, addicting game- and it's pretty darn challenging! It was a free app with some of the more recent PPC macs, and I copied it from my old Mac mini and can still play it on my MBP and it's still fun to boot up sometimes!

I'm not sure if your machine will run it, but Call of Duty Modern Warfare (1) was just ported over somewhat recently to the mac, and that's a great FPS. If you're looking for FPSes, or pretty much any other major title, really, check out Aspyr Media- they port over all the major titles to the mac.

If you're interested in serious gaming, I'd suggest setting up a Boot Camp partition to play games in XP (I've done this with my MBP and it works great!). Games seem to run much smoother in XP, and are, of course, cheaper and easier to find.

4. Inakto macrumors regular

best graphics "value" is definitely GTA san andreas. It handles this game easily and the graphics are decent. Used bootcamp thougn (i dont know if there is a mac version)

5. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks