Game Screen Goes Blank

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrpeepers, Aug 16, 2007.

1. mrpeepers macrumors regular

Hi all.

Again, keep in mind that I've been a Mac user since 8/11/2007... :)

Ok, I bought and installed a game for my daughter called, "Didi & Ditto" and when she's playing it and about 30+ minutes into (not a set time every occurence), the game screen goes blank.

I can alt+tab to see a list of open programs so I know the monitor isn't sleeping but when I try to get back into the game, I can't. The screen is just blank but you can interact with the game, if that makes sense. For example, if I hit ESC the game asks the user if you want to quit. I have to click around on the screen to find the little character nodding up and down for "YES". Keep in mind that the screen is blank until the game closes.

Any thoughts on this?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Try creating a new user account (System preferences>accounts) and install the game and see if the same thing occurs.

3. mrpeepers thread starter macrumors regular

I should have send this before but I created 3 accounts our computer, one for my wife, one for my daughter and one for me.

I installed the game under my account (admin). So why would deleting my daughters account and recreating it make a difference? Again, I'm new to this...

4. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Since this is a very specific issue regarding a very specific application, I'd use the company's support form to file a ticket:

http://www.kutoka.com/_en/support_form.html

You should not delete any accounts -- the suggestion was to try it in a different account to see if the problem persisted. I tested their "Installer" that's on the Mac OS X Tiger support page, and while running it I tabbed out of the game to Finder. When I tried to tab back, I was greeted with a black screen, with the game being interactive -- of course, the game wasn't fully running as I didn't have the installer CDs, but... yeah.

It's probably a game issue. If the installer is any indication, it looks like the game is a Shockwave application...

5. mrpeepers thread starter macrumors regular