Game software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappySnail, Apr 20, 2009.

1. HappySnail macrumors regular

I want to create a 2D game in a similar style as Worms or braid. I can easily create the artwork but i need an engine to put it on.
    I was wondering if there is any software for creating a game with little or no coding required for mac/pc. I probably could code if i had tutorials and enough time but i would prefer to try just to do art based work. If anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you want to make a game, you're going to have to learn some coding...

3. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

I learnt to make a basic game using Java and I made an applet. It is fairly easy to pick up. However flash is a lot better for gaming but you have to dish out a lot of money to start developing in it.

4. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

I have used flash before, both for animating and creating games, i managed to create a couple of games on flash using actionscript and drawings but wanted to create a more detailed game and flash got very messy with all the different drawings. I was just wondering if there was a program more suited to creating games, maybe the new flash is better as i have the '04 version.

5. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

6. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

I looked at game maker but only a .exe file was available so i assumed it wasn't available for mac.

7. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

You could use bootcamp or VMware Fusion? I don't think it's available for Mac natively though.

8. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Power Game Factory makes side scrolling games with no programming needed.