Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

readerbreader

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
How long do you suppose it will take until we see gamecenter for jb devices? (4.1 gamecenter, not the one that is available now)

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
How long do you suppose it will take until we see gamecenter for jb devices? (4.1 gamecenter, not the one that is available now)

That question doesn't make sense. Are you asking when will we see a jailbreak for 4.1 so we can update and use Gamecenter or are you asking when can you install the Gamecenter.app from 4.1 onto a pre 4.1 phone. If it's the latter it isn't legal to redistribute iPhone apps

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
That question doesn't make sense. Are you asking when will we see a jailbreak for 4.1 so we can update and use Gamecenter or are you asking when can you install the Gamecenter.app from 4.1 onto a pre 4.1 phone. If it's the latter it isn't legal to redistribute iPhone apps

That hasn't stopped it from being offered in Cydia in the past. The beta is still in Cydia right now.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
That hasn't stopped it from being offered in Cydia in the past. The beta is still in Cydia right now.

I'm aware of that but that repo is distributing copyrighted code and could be subject to legal action from Apple. The dev team will not touch this

readerbreader

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
eh i guess you're right. i never thought of the 'legal' side of it. oh well. better wait for the 4.1 jailbreak

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.