Gamecenter for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arfus, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Arfus macrumors member

Is there a chance Gamecenter will come to mac? Sincethe Mac app Store release with some great games etc. Also it would be awesome with Cross-platform support being able to play with some one thats using a ipad with a guy with a mac

2. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I'd say theres a good chance, maybe with Lion to get another feature to the list. Also they've got the system implemented so unless they want to make sure it's right on iOs first before they release it universally I'd say it may come sooner than we think.

3. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

I don't see the need for it. Though I could see Apple maybe doing it still.

I just think Steam offers so much of this kind of stuff already. There is still room for Game Center, but I personally would have no use for it (I won't buy any games off the Mac App Store anyway because of Steam).

4. beerbarron macrumors newbie

Steam does offer a lot, but the mac app store seems to provide an infinite amount more of games. Also with iCloud, I could see that if games have a cross platform release, e.g angry birds, flight control. You could have cloud saves akin to that of steam, but this will also go beyond games.

5. iansampaio macrumors newbie

I just found and downloaded Dirt2 on Mac App Store, which is not available at Steam yet(I'm too a big found of steam, playing often l4d2 and tf!), and it doesn't seem to be there any soon.
    I would like to have Gamecenter functionalities also!