GameCenter is now Live!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kcgunner, Sep 8, 2010.

1. kcgunner macrumors member

Not sure for how long it's been up, but gamecenter is live if you have 4.1 already.

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

There's still nothing shown up under Games for me.

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Mine asked me for a few details again (such as create a nickname) but then when it was done, its reset itself wiped all my lovely friends.

Add me: Data Ghost

:mad:

4. shandyman Suspended

see the existing Game Center thread, it was already being discussed there, it became live last night.

you won't see any until the games start getting the updates, which won't be until 4.1 is officially out.

also, you're better off asking people to add you in this thread - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1009839

5. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Did anyone else get a "email verification" email from Apple after setting up GameCenter?

Even though the app told me to put in my email addresses so people could find me by email address, I went to my email to click the verify link since I expected these emails and it should be safe, but even after clicking the Verify link in the email, I'm brought to a site where it wants me to LOG IN with my Apple ID and passowrd? :confused: WTF :eek:

Call me paranoid, but if this is legit (and I am probably just being paranoid), why would Apple NEED me to log in here? We are taught all the time to not only "avoid clicking links in email" but then to get to a page that immediately wants my password? I'm not too comfy with this. :p

6. shandyman Suspended

it's to verify it's your email, many people did it and it's fine

7. adztaylor macrumors 68000

It is indeed live! Bring on the games now I say! Feel free to add me adztaylor