Gamefly

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TWO2SEVEN, Jan 28, 2015.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I bought an Xbox One right before Christmas. I used to play a lot (I worked at Gamestop for 6 years), but now that I have a busier job, a wife, and a one year old I don't play as much.

I decided that rather than spend $60 on a game that I will not play a whole lot I would rather use Gamefly.

So far, it has taken a week between when I send a game in and when I get my next one. I guess I am just used to Netflix where it is only two or three days.

Is this pretty standard for Gamefly? If so, I may just make do with Redbox.

2. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

My usual turnaround time was 2-3 days but I was in Orlando at the time and the supply center was in Tampa which is very close.

I got it for the same reason you did. I didn't want to buy games anymore and was taking my time going through them so gamely was a great option.
    Once I complete my relocation I plan to reactivate my account as I thoroughly enjoyed the service.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Gamefly has been weird in the last few years. They switched the location they used for me, and yeah, it did start taking that long.

I didn't cancel for that reason though. When I subscribed, my brother was 8, and now he's 13. Back then it used to be Gamecube and Wii, and now it's playing COD/etc on Xbox Live with his friends. He's more responsible in buying games now, and mainly only buys stuff so he can play online with his friends, so it ended up costing me more because he'd get one game, like it, and then not return it, or buy it, and just let the Q sit empty.

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I tried Gamefly in it's early days (back when I was using Netflix like crazy with 3 DVD's at a time). I only had it for a few months b/c it would take over a week from when I sent my game in to get another game. At the time I would play a game through in a week so I'd basically only have a game for half the month.

I've considered doing it again, but I buy a lot of digital games now and I would be very impatient with that shipping again. Was hoping it was better now, but that appears to not be the case for everyone.

5. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I think I may be spoiled by Netflix. The nearest distribution center is about 15 minutes from my home. I may keep GF for another month or so since it has saved me from buying a few games that I ended up not liking.

Thanks for the input everyone!