Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
I've deleted and re-installed, but Platinum Sudoku and Asphalt 4 both crash 100% of the time (after a long load process) under 2.1.

I'm assuming it's not just me? Both games are by Gameloft, and I'm guessing they have something in common that 2.1 doesn't like.

I emailed their support address, but it seems to be for all phones EXCEPT the iPhone (you have to buy SMS messages for iPhone support?) so I'm not sure if I'll get a response or not. Hopefully so.

Anyone running these games successfully on 2.1? What about other Gameloft titles?

TIA

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Per this post...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/565694/

...I tried rebooting my iPhone, and both games now work again. (Odd, since I had rebooted once before under 2.1. But for whatever reason, this reboot did the trick!) I'm not sure if I'll have to repeat the action down the road, but I launched Asphalt 4 several times in a row and it played fine.

P.S. Platinum Sudoku handwriting input is pretty neat... except I can't write a 5 :p

moopf

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008
United Kingdom
So glad my post helped! There's obviously something going wrong with the installation procedure, like it's not finishing up properly in some circumstances and a reboot sorts this out and gets everything in order. That's why I posted on this forum about it, as it gives devs a bad name when an app crashes but it seems that many examples are due to something they have no control over.

The more users that know about it, the better!

escalinci

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2006
Per this post...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/565694/

...I tried rebooting my iPhone, and both games now work again. (Odd, since I had rebooted once before under 2.1. But for whatever reason, this reboot did the trick!) I'm not sure if I'll have to repeat the action down the road, but I launched Asphalt 4 several times in a row and it played fine.

P.S. Platinum Sudoku handwriting input is pretty neat... except I can't write a 5 :p

I was having th same problems as you. By the way, to do a 5, I find if you do it in two bits, it gets it every time.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
I was having th same problems as you. By the way, to do a 5, I find if you do it in two bits, it gets it every time.

Thank you!

I didn't even know you could DO two strokes. But if you're quick you can :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.