gamer issue...Graphics issue or not?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by juax, Jan 12, 2010.

1. juax macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm on a IMac OS X (version 10.5.8) and I just noticed a bit of a change in the graphics while playing Heroes of Newerth. I left all the graphic stuff on medium quality, and I've noticed now that when it is on full screen the picture is sketchy. When I minimize the full screen (apple m) i realize its a lot smoother than it is in wide screen (no kidding huh?). Before I thought it was just due to me having the IMac wireless, but I've noticed it's been happening for a week already and I usually get better bandwidth when no one is home. So is this a graphics card issue or what and if so how would i deal with this?

I would appreciate it a lot!
    -Juax

2. Corruptitudes macrumors regular

Does it happen any other time while playing games full screen while not online? Does it only happen online when there are alot of other players around? If it doesnt happen on any games while not online, then I would bet its the internet. If it happens with games while your not online then it is your video card. How old of an Imac are we talking here? What graphics card is in it? How much Ram?

Its hard to determine what "sketchy" and "smoother" really means as those are relative terms that could mean different things to different people. Anyway you could post a video of exactly what it is doing?

3. juax thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I just got this mac recently, not even a year old. 4 gb 1067 mhz ddr3

I just got off the Windows and this is actually the only one of the fews games I play that works on the mac(sad face). Heroes of Newerth is a 5v5 game (10 players) so that isn't much for one, plus they have servers in certain areas to reduce lag issues (something like that).

I've also tested the game solo, just me, and it still has the same issue full screen.

What I mean by sketchy is like you can see the objects stop and move throughout the entire game play. So instead of fluid motion its like stop go stop go stop go.

I've tried recording the game using ISHOWU but it can't record the game, that and it slows the Mac down a lot more.