Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arkano5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
So today I started looking at Starcraft 2 again, and it got me RTS hungry. So I went ahead and re-installed AoE3 and the TWC expansion and after a few single-player sessions to get myself back into the groove, I decided to fire up Gameranger in hope that the community was still alive and that I could fire up a Multiplayer game.

But alas I was hit in the face. Everytime I start up Gameranger it crashes. For example, it logs in, the news window shows up and the main window shows up. Heck I can even see CoD4 and AoE3 lobbies but only for literally a split second before it crashes.

I've tried re-installing it, completely wiping it from my Mac and downloading it from about 3 different websites (including the official GR website). It used to work long ago, my specs are as follows:

2008 Intel Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 (it worked when I was running both Tiger and standard Leopard)

I wouldn't have thought more than that would be required, but if needed I can post both my complete specs and the actual error report that GR gives me when it crashes.

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.