Games crashing on Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Keano2416, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Keano2416 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, new here.

I have been experiencing a strange problem since yesterday. I am a regular player of Football Manager 2009 and 2010, and they have always worked fine for me on Snow Leopard. Unfortunately from last evening, they have stopped working, in that one game crashes in-game, whereas the other crashes before launching.

I get the error message saying: "Football Manager 2010 has quit unexpectedly" send an error report and all that.

Any help would be great?

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I'm not familiar with either of those games, but have you installed any updates to your computer, prior to the crashing?

Even though you asked the question here, you should also contact the publishers to see if they're aware of the problem.

Taking a look at the crash report doesn't hurt, either. Sometimes a symptom can be seen in the report that would give you more information as to the cause.

3. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

The crash on startup on fm 2010 I saw this one yesterday! Updating to patch 3 fixed it [LINK]. The crash I was having was down to the Nvidea drivers in 10.6 which needed the updated patch to stop the crashes.

Have not loaded fm 2009 in a while so cannot help on that one.

If you attach your crash logs and link to them I could help make an educated guess.

Edwin

4. JoeSutheran macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

To be honest i'm a novice when it comes to Macs, i'm running a 13" Macbook, bought last July, and am having some extremely frustrating problems with Football Manager 2010.

I have bought the game, and am running it, along side Steam, using the Disk rather than the digital download. I had a bit of trouble installing it, but found some advice on the net somewhere which solved that. So, got it installed, great.
    I played it, and it was going great, until i gave up for the night, closed the game and went to bed. Now i can't play it again.

I can open the game, but when i go to load my previous save game, it freezes in the same place, early stages of the progress bar, and i have to Force Quit. Also, i can't connect to Steam either, ('network connection or Steam problem' message appears). I imagine the two are linked, but it's really frustrating me and i've trawled the net for hours looking for an answer that so far has evaded me.
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Cheers.

5. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

If found the reason for the crash on loading but I have not found a solution for the crash while playing, looks like a corrupt save game to me. I usually rotate two save games so I always have a backup.

The crash on loading is 100% if you are connected to a network but that network does not have internet access. Solution is either be on the internet or disconnect from the network when you launch the title. As soon as you get the main menu you can reconnect.

Edwin

6. JoeSutheran macrumors newbie

Thanks very much, took your advise and rotated two games, lost all my Inter progress though! I have another problem now, that i've since realised a lot of people are having....
    The game won't open, it keeps saying FM10 closed unexpectedly, send error report etc... So i downloaded the Patch 10.3 and tried un and re-installation, still won't load, same message, no progress.
    I'm wondering if there's anyone out there suffering the same fate as me, and who has found a solution?! I thought the patch was supposed to fix this?....
    Thanks