Games Disappeared (Solitaire, Spider, etc.)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Saluki Alex, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Saluki Alex macrumors 6502

So, my mom just called me down and she sounded really concerned on the intercom. When I got downstairs, she told me to look at the PC and try to open up solitaire. It's no longer there, nor are any of the other standard Windows games. I'm not really sure what has happened, their computer is virus and ad-ware/spy-ware free.

My major question is this, is there anywhere that I can download those games back onto their PC (maybe from Microsoft)? The only things that they use that PC for is their finances (and town related matters since my dad is the mayor of our town) and those games. I've just now started to get my mom to check the news online and to check her email frequently, but they seemed devastated that their games were gone.

And my problem is, I've gotten so used to using my Mac (and only Macs) that I don't remember how to do all of the workarounds for PCs anymore.

2. OMAC1A macrumors newbie

The games are on the original Windows disc. You will need to go to control panel >> Add/Remove Programs >> Add/Remove Windows Components >> then put a check mark in the Accessories box. Then hit NEXT. It will probably prompt you to insert the Windows CD/DVD. This will install all the games that are on the XP disc. YOu can select which games you want by highlighting Accessories, then hitting the detail button, and then highlight games and hitting the detail button again. Good luck!