Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnluckyXIII

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
Hey :)

Hopefully this is the right section as I can’t seem to find a sub dedicated to iOS games....

Anyway, I have been blessed this Christmas in receiving a 2018 12.9” iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, it seems like an amazing piece of hardware so far and I’m sure I will only grow to enjoy it more and more as I use it.

I’ve never really been a mobile gamer and only dipped my toe into what’s available, mainly because I find the iPhone too small to game on and the majority of games seem to have terrible controls that cover one third of the viewable part of the screen. I usually game on PC and play a lot of LoL, Diablo 3, Darkest Dungeon, plus a fair few other RPG/RTS games so would like to find something similar here on iOS, if anyone can offer some recommendations of games that are worth checking out I’d very much appreciate it :)

Thanks,

superlawyer15

Suspended
Sep 15, 2014
I downloaded Tropico last night - runs great but be prepared for your iPad to get hotter than the surface of the sun.

ZStech

Suspended
Feb 3, 2019
Hey :)

Hopefully this is the right section as I can’t seem to find a sub dedicated to iOS games....

Anyway, I have been blessed this Christmas in receiving a 2018 12.9” iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, it seems like an amazing piece of hardware so far and I’m sure I will only grow to enjoy it more and more as I use it.

I’ve never really been a mobile gamer and only dipped my toe into what’s available, mainly because I find the iPhone too small to game on and the majority of games seem to have terrible controls that cover one third of the viewable part of the screen. I usually game on PC and play a lot of LoL, Diablo 3, Darkest Dungeon, plus a fair few other RPG/RTS games so would like to find something similar here on iOS, if anyone can offer some recommendations of games that are worth checking out I’d very much appreciate it :)

Thanks,
Have you tried new 2.0 Mortal Kombat mobile? Looks nice.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Pathos: Nethack Codex.

A Nethack clone that has good iPad controls and has been continually updated to expand it’s content over a number of years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.