Games for MBP... SimCity?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nissin, Jan 24, 2009.

1. nissin macrumors newbie

i downloaded a windows version of simcity to run in bootcamp with vmfusion 2, but the graphics are awful- that is if it doesn't crash before loading the terrain and maps. i saw the mac version on apple.com, but the reviews make it sound like that's not any better. on another note, i have it on my iphone and it runs really well, but i just want to play it on my computer. has anyone found a version or a way to run simcity on their mbp, or any apple computer?

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

You won't be able to play many games using Fusion. Fusion uses it's own graphics drivers that don't support very many of the graphics card features.

Either run the mac version, or boot into windows to play.

3. lscangus macrumors 6502

the mac version is totally rubbish and it runs slower on my Unibody than my Rev.A Poerbook

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Stop downloading stuff unless you use Steam or Direct2Drive; considering neither sell it…

Otherwise, buy Half-Life 2.

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    What are we talking about in here? SimCity 4? RushHour? Both versions run fine on my MBP. Just make sure you download the update patches. :)

6. lscangus macrumors 6502

rush hour. All the way to the latest version beta intel patch.Apparently it runs fine with older mbp. I found out that the simcity running in parallels is actually smoother and more fun.

The most annoying thing is I actually sent an email to aspyre . They just say that they are sorry. No plan to patch it.

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

8. nissin thread starter macrumors newbie

actually i was talking about sim city societies. it won't run in vmfusion, but when i restart and boot in xp, it works fairly well. Sometimes sim city crashes, but it's only happened 3 times in probably 15 hours of playing.