Games in VMware Fusion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Avicenna, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Avicenna macrumors member

I had VMware Fusion 2 and warcraft on it would run really bad. The screen resolution was messed, it wouldn't go full screen. The mouse was laggy and the whole screen would keep blinking, it was playable, but it was a pain. So i just played it on boot camp.
    Today, i got VMware Fusion 3. It made things even worse. Before i could atleast play, not it lags like CRAAZYYYY. Its just pissing me off, especially when it was specifically said on their site that 3rd version is suppose to make gaming much better....

Anyone else have this problem? Do i need to tweak any settings to optimize it?
    Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

3. The General macrumors 601

By "warcraft" do you mean World of Warcraft? If so, why not just use the Mac OS X version of the game?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I would not attempt to play games under a virtualized os but rather natively, i.e., bootcamp.

FWIW, people have gotten some games to play decently under parallels. VMware isn't known for game performance so you'll get the worst performance from that. Still even under parallels it cannot be too good (depending on the game)

5. Avicenna thread starter macrumors member

The reason why i dont play warcraft mac version is because i play on garena and its only on windows. and i dont like rebooting everytime in bootcamp...