games in windows 7 bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by paythemanning, Mar 24, 2010.

1. paythemanning macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I recently installed windows 7 32 bit via bootcamp. When I run the bootcamp partition via parallels games like warcraft 3 and ancient wars sparta boot up properly. The games run very slowly in parallels so when I go to run them in bootcamp from that same partition it gives me errors and they won't open. Warcraft 3 says something about directx not being able to initialize. I installed all of the drivers for windows and directx 11 is installed. I've also read online that a fix would be to go to the dxdiag.exe and enable shading or something but when I go to the utility there is no option to disable/enable. I'm really lost and would hate to reinstall everything. Could it be because i installed the games via parallels and not bootcamp the first time? thanks for the help in advance.

2. zao8350 macrumors regular

I think you need to install via bootcamp. Maybe you can copy it over into bootcamp. sometimes that works. I don't really know how parallels works with partitions so I can't tell you anything else.