Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hi

i purchased the fun game "Bomberman". However one little frustration is that it doesn't resume the game when somebody calls me and i need to start from the latest milestone-saved point/ master-level. - This is very annoying when you just achieved few sub-levels and you loose it when somebody calls you during the game.

Any idea if this is the case with all games or just in this one particular example with Bomberman?

Thanks

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Unless the game has a save option after each level, it isn't possible ATM because apps on the app store cannot run in the background.

If the game is that important you could always just turn on airplane mode.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Unless the game has a save option after each level, it isn't possible ATM because apps on the app store cannot run in the background.

If the game is that important you could always just turn on airplane mode.

It's down to sloppy programming, IMO: When a call comes in, the application receives notification that it's about to be shut down. There's nothing to stop the application saving it's full state before quitting and then reloading that when you go back to the application. That way it would appear that it has simply paused whilst the call or other interruption was in progress...

Jun 24, 2004
this is not the case with Trism you can leave that application and return to where you were in the game. I guess some games have been written better than others complain to the developer they should update it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.