Games iPod Touch w/o Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SusieN56, Mar 13, 2008.

1. SusieN56 macrumors newbie

I have an iPod touch with Jan january upgrade, that I don't want to Jailbreak at this point.

I have several games that I play through Safari, but am I right that there are none that can be natively loaded? I googled and searched the forum, and it seemed like for right now Jailbreak is the only option?

I was on a flight this weekend and didn't want to pull out the macBook, so I would have like to play a game rather than just listen to music.

Thanks
    Susanne

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That is correct. Without jailbreaking you will need to wait until late June when the SDK is released and the 2.0 update is out. Since you are talking about an iPod Touch you will also have to pay the "nominal fee" to get the 2.0 update which last time was $20 I believe.

3. golf pro macrumors member

im getting a itouch and ive looked into jailbreaking a itouch which has alot of cool features but as far as ive found it uses almost the whole memory of a 8gb is there any way to pick just the games u want and not gett all of them?

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I have the 8gig as well. I jailbroke it on the day the sdk was announced. I have some games on the nes emulator (mario donkey kong etc) I also have the guitar, piano and drum kit installed, pool, chess and tetris. It doesn't take space that I have noticed.