Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I built a bunch of stuff via macports and figured i'd share. I didn't see most of these when i did a quick search of the forum. Anyway, most everything is terminal/console based as i like to use less resource hungry software on these old machines. There's a few SDL games, the newest version of pianobar, cmus audio player, elinks text web browser, irssi irc client, nmap port scanner, openssh and some other stuff. Everything will install in to /opt/local to make these easy to remove should you want to. Everything *should* work on Leopard.

You can browse / download from my google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0swufWcvcjlMjFYd1lwR2dyXzQ?usp=sharing

Cheers.

Last edited:

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
I built a bunch of stuff via macports and figured i'd share. I didn't see most of these when i did a quick search of the forum. Anyway, most everything is terminal/console based as i like to use less resource hungry software on these old machines. There's a few SDL games, the newest version of pianobar, a lastfm client, cmus audio player, elinks text web browser, irssi irc client, nmap port scanner, openssh and some other stuff. Everything will install in to /opt/local to make these easy to remove should you want to. Everything should work on both Tiger and Leopard.

You can browse / download from my google drive here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0swufWcvcjlMjFYd1lwR2dyXzQ?usp=sharing

Cheers.

Which MacPorts version did you use ?

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Well crap... upon looking in any of the packages it seems none of the libs were included in the pkg process. I'm using macports 2.3.4. I just tried using the metapackage switch with streamripper and ended up with a 73mb mpkg. That does not seem right to me. Any ideas?

Cheers.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I read the manual and all is well now. I deleted the old downloads and am starting to upload repacked installers. In the upcoming days they should all be repacked and uploaded.

Cheers.

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
I read the manual and all is well now. I deleted the old downloads and am starting to upload repacked installers. In the upcoming days they should all be repacked and uploaded.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts, out of interest, care to elaborate how you are packaging these builds ?

Would this be possible for SMTube ( the thread here https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-for-youview-mactubes-mobile-youtube.2030035/ ) to strip away building it's dependencies or better MacPorts (Xcode) itself ?

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Macports has an option to search all deps required and includes them. So basically all i did was built the stuff i wanted, installed, tested, and repacked them. If you type "sudo port -v mpkg appname" everything required to run the app automatically gets packed with it. It sadly adds some bulk to the package size however.

Not quite sure i fully understand your second question.

Cheers

Reactions: G4fanboy

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Macports has an option to search all deps required and includes them. So basically all i did was built the stuff i wanted, installed, tested, and repacked them. If you type "sudo port -v mpkg appname" everything required to run the app automatically gets packed with it. It sadly adds some bulk to the package size however.

Not quite sure i fully understand your second question.

Cheers

Well for SMTube to compile from source it it is dependent on qt4-mac which needs to be installed with Macports which itself needs Xcode to be installed.

If I would build the qt4-mac port and package it , will it run on a system that doesn't have Xcode and Macports installed ?

If this would be the case, SMTube install would simply be , run qt4-mac installer , copy SMTube.app and done.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Added another game. Chromium B.S.U, an arcade-style, top-scrolling space shooter.

Cheers

Attachments

• chromium-bsu.jpg
    chromium-bsu.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 158

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
These don't work for me, my G3 iBook returns a bad CPU type message - which I guess means G3 isn't supported which is no surprise.
But on my G4 1.33 iBook, I get the following error:

Picture 1.png

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
These don't work for me, my G3 iBook returns a bad CPU type message - which I guess means G3 isn't supported which is no surprise.
But on my G4 1.33 iBook, I get the following error:

View attachment 718416

Guessing by the timestamps on Google Drive, the ones from 16september including despotify haven't been repackaged yet ?

On another note, your builds inspired me to compare my built-from-source utilities with the currently available Macports version :
  • Nmap 7.6 is available on Macports, I source-build 5.61 on my PB so will install the Macports version then

• Metasploit on Macports is only version 3 , I've source-build Metasploit 4.11 a long time ago, current version is 4.14
    (might do a reinstall and do a write-up about it)

• Kismet on Macports is 2011 but the current web-GUI version is 2017 so I'm going to try and get that one to build and do a write-up about it

Reactions: wicknix

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
@Dronecatcher, hmmm. Everything uploaded has now been repacked and built on an ibook g4 running leopard. Could you try something else small like say elinks and see what happens? I did try on my other ibook g4 running tiger and nothing seemed to work, but i did try despotify on my powermac g5 running leopard and it worked.

Cheers.
despot.png

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
I've been trying to compile Kismet-2016-01-RC1 and the latest Kismet-2017 but to no avail at the moment .

Kismet-2016-01-RC1 configure stuck on not finding errno.h
Kismet-2017 configure stuck on not finding libz

In both cases these files are on my system , installed via Macports.

But my question for you , how do you get Kismet-2011 running ?

I can't seem to find where to put the sources or adapt the username for suuid, any idea ?

Lastic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2016
North of the HellHole
Yeah, thats part of the reason i removed kismet from my uploads. I used this link ( http://codeidol.com/hardware/wireless-tools/Network-Monitoring/32-Running-Kismet-on-Mac-OS-X/ ) as a reference, but alas the driver website is down.

Cheers.

I installed Kismet-2011 via Macports on my PB G4 12" .

Under /opt/local/etc I copied the kismet.conf-dist to kismet.conf and added the following :

under ncsource
ncsource=en1 ( which used to be that same as sources=darwin,...)

I also tried to add

suiduser=my_username

but that didn't make any difference.

If I don't start kismet with sudo kismet , the kismet server won't start and kismet_capture will keep complaining.

ESC or ~ is your key to toggle into the menus, basically you have to drill down in them , first sort your networks and then you can select one, select it's clients ,etc ...

When exiting PCAPDUMP files will be in your current directory where you did sudo kismet

Still have to play around with this since I think tcpdump can do the same without the ncurses Kismet GUI but haven't tried it yet, also didn't try WEP or WPA <unlocking>, ahum.

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
I gave up on it for now and just downloaded kismac instead from the wayback machine.

On another note i've added a few more goodies like mikmod, rdesktop, putty, scrollz (irc client), eggdrop, and youtube-dl.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.