Games not present in all appstores help

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rivozzz, Nov 11, 2009.

1. rivozzz macrumors newbie

hi guys....i live in egypt ....some apps in appstore not present in my country like civilization revolution , romance of three kingdoms touch, :shift:...

i know i can use an itunes gift card made for usA and make an account and download these games..
    however i want to know is it legal or not?? sure im not afraid from steve jobs and ofcourse there is no police after that lol
    its i dont want to do it if it was considered by apple as illegal coz of some moral values
    i know some may find my question wierd but its important to me
    so is it illegal to apple to use an itunes gift card for a different country store?

Another thing guys,,, why are these games not present in first place i wonder...?

Thx guys for your help...yr answer is so imp to me cu
    :confused:

2. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Sure it's legal. Just a bit of a hassle for you, maintaining different accounts, but lots of folks do it. You can only use promo codes in the US store, for another reason.

Developers can choose what countries to sell their app in. If they are worried about wire transfer fees, they might not want to sell everywhere. Or if the app is very English-intensive, they may not want to deal with support questions in a foreign language... Who knows? I sell my apps everywhere, and I used JP Morgan Chase and haven't had any fees (but I have Silver status with them or something so that might offset any fees).