Games on 20" iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jmsewe0, Oct 12, 2007.

1. jmsewe0 macrumors newbie

Ok, guys...i am a convert. I recently purchased an iphone and i love it. I have turned to the dark side (previously a PC guy), or light side depending on your POV. Anyway, i am about to pick up the 2.4GHz 20inch iMac. The only thing is:

I would like to be able to play games like Bioshock, the Orange Box, etc. If i added 2 or 3 Gig of ram, could the new imac handle these games? Would i use a product like crossover, or boot camp to go into XP?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks! Josh

2. WarMace macrumors member

Bioshock runs fine under Bootcamp on my 20" with 2gb RAM. I was able to get 25-40 fps at medium quality settings, 10-20 fps with everything but AA maxed.

3. pkts macrumors member

I don't have an iMac but I don't think you'll have any problems. iMac's supposedly run games well.

Here's a youtube video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=60NRqIswQTs

The guy is running a better iMac than yours but I don't think it will make too much of a difference. You probably want to got with XP on Bootcamp like he did.

4. jmsewe0 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, thats perfect. i figure that it will still be able to crank out some decent graphics, and that was way above my expectations! Thanks!