Games on iPad-3 vs iPad-4 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Oct 24, 2012.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Will the Current Games in APP Store and Some of the upcoming Games like the Real Racing 3 will it work without any stuttering and Lag on the iPad-3 with the A5x Chip ?

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I don't play many games on my iPad....too uncomfortable to hold for me for that long. But I'm betting all will run better on the 4.

3. karlth macrumors regular

Speaking as a developer:

Certainly. There are too many iPad 2g and iPad 3g owners out there running the A5 processor. And now that the iPad Mini is added to the mix only the minority of devices will be running the A6.

4. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

lol ! That is a good way to make the potential iPad-4 owners look silly ! Only the Minority will have A6 :p No But seriously I have the iPad-3 and I wish that I could atleast play the soon to be released Real Racing 3 on it without any problems. I know I can't hold the future for too long but atleast this one would be great ! :eek:

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You will. They've been developing for it. Devs don't have iPad 4 yet.

6. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Ofcource it will be better. Optimalisations for games.

For example take NOVA 3. We can choose between retina, or extra effects. Now gameloft can let the ipad 4 owners get both wich will look AMAZING! But....gameloft maybe already abandoned the game. Time will tell.

7. 069532, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

069532 macrumors newbie

Real Racing 3 On The iPad 2

I have the iPad 2 right now, and hope that Real Racing 3 will run on it. Since they were showing someone playing the game on the new iPad mini at Apple's conference in California a few days ago, I would say that it will be available for the iPad 2, because the new iPad mini has the same A5 chip as the iPad 2.
    Let me know if anyone finds anything out.
    Avery :apple:

Attached Files:

• RR3.JPG
      RR3.JPG
      File size:
      45.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

games don't even run properly on the iPad 3 A5X.

ever play Metal Storm on an iPad 2 and then on an iPad 3? the fluidity of the gameplay is like night and day. i wish i still had my iPad 2 just for that game

luckily i fall within the 30 day exchange window and will be taking advantage of that unofficial return policy to get the iPad 4 with the A6X. what a godsend the A6X will be...

9. marty1980, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

marty1980 macrumors 6502

Here's Apple's current iOS product lineup:

A4 Devices
    * iPod Touch 4th Gen
    * iPhone 4

A5 Devices
    * iPad Mini
    * iPod Touch 5th Gen
    * iPhone 4S (thx jedivulcan)
    * iPad 3rd Gen (A5X)

A6 Devices
    * iPhone 5
    * iPad 4th Gen (A6X)

Of important note us that the IPod Touch 5th gen and iPad Mini are still using the A5 processor. This means there is a large market of consumers who are going to be using devices with this processor for the next 3-5 years. That's good motivation for developers to support devices running the A5.

Most games support all the way back to 3GS currently. Though 3GS is starting to lose support for some of the bleeding edge apps. This trend is likely to change to the A4 devices being the low end.

So the support and ability to play most of the popular games will be there for A4, A5 and A6 devices.

There may be some differences bin the game between different devices due to each systems capabilities, but the experience should be similar no matter.

What you will see is that the A6 devices are going to provide a faster, smoother experience in comparison.

10. jedivulcan macrumors 6502

You forgot the iPhone 4S. It's still being sold and it's an A5 device.

11. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Game devs have the ability to turn off certain features to help with stuttering. Real Racing HD did this on the iPad 2 vs iPad 3. RR3 should be fine.