Games on my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sup3rknova, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Sup3rknova macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

My Pro.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can I run a game like Rome Total War on it?
    ROMES SPECS ARE
    REQUIREMENTS: 1.6GHz or faster PowerPC or Intel processor, Mac OS 10.5 or later, 512MB of RAM, ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 64MB of VRAM, 4.5GB free disk space.

Im mainly asking about the graphics card as I am not too familiar with them.

Will it be smooth? I tried a Portal demo and a Half-Life demo and they seemed ok.

2. Jrv macrumors regular

It should run rome total war without any issues.

3. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

4. pingfan59 macrumors member

5. Risasi macrumors 6502

Yeah, ditto. Native or bootcamp. I run it bootcamp on Windows 7. But that's because I like to play the mods for RTW. In fact I just stopped and checked in here. I was test driving Roma Surrectum II, I've also been tinkering with RTR-VII, I'm involved in a hotseat campaign with a couple friends in RTRPE 6 and of course there is Europa Barbarorum for the guys who have a lot of time on their hands. So yeah, it will run it just fine. I have all the settings on high.

Medieval 2 I run on a mix of medium and mostly high.

I also got Shogun 2 to run on low settings. It ran smooth enough. But didn't like how hot it would get the temps. Once Ivy Bridge comes out I'll likely upgrade and try Shogun 2 again. But honestly between RTW and M2TW I have more than enough content to keep me occupied for the next 2-4 years.

6. Sup3rknova thread starter macrumors regular

Sup3rknova

Cool thanks all.
    Any good sites to try some good Mac demos. Ive tried Steam but there wasn't many to my liking.