Games run better on leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by recoman3, Oct 26, 2007.

1. recoman3 macrumors member

I suspected that they would, but I have not seen a big change in performance (if any) in some games (NFS Carbon, CoD2), although I was expecting a little better performance... (Maybe we need a patch or something?)
    In fact, when I run the video benchmark everything is the same...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Did you guys find an improvement in performance? (I'm on the 2GB 2.4ghz MBP)

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I have noticed that BF2142 seems less glitchy.

3. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Any details?

4. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Just a side note - your scores in OpenMark are insanely high; they're more than double mine. Is the 8600M GT really that much better than a 2600 Pro?

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

No; Apples OS X drivers for the HD 2600 are just really bad.

6. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

I've been reading that some games are running better on Leopard(the one I seem to see the most that runs better is World of Warcraft). In my own experience I have found the game Rally Shift(only full game I have besides WOW) runs many times better in Leopard. It ran fine in Tiger unless you tried a night race, or a race with rain or fog, then it would run at 3-5fps. Under Leopard, at 1680x1050, full everything, 4 opponents(max), max rain effect, fog, and at night, it runs at a pretty smooth 20-30fps. It's been a year since I played WOW, I am kinda tempted to pay for a month just to see how much better it runs. Actually....I gave my account to a friend after I deleted my card information...and he never changed the password i dont think....I should just log in on it and play for a minute and see how it runs.:rolleyes::apple: