Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milesc3

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
I have an 2017 IMAC with a core I5 3.8 GHz processor, 16 megs of Ram, and Radeon Pro.580 8GB. I had no issues playing most of the action and fps games that were designed for the Mac when running Sierra. Since upgrading to High Sierra I've had difficulties ranging from extremely slow game play to poor picture quality. This has even happened on Bioshock remastered which to my understanding is a full metal game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TomO22

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2018
In exactly the same situation. Everyone is telling me that High Sierra is trash.

J.Gallardo

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2017
Spain
I have an 2017 IMAC with a core I5 3.8 GHz processor, 16 megs of Ram, and Radeon Pro.580 8GB. I had no issues playing most of the action and fps games that were designed for the Mac when running Sierra. Since upgrading to High Sierra I've had difficulties ranging from extremely slow game play to poor picture quality. This has even happened on Bioshock remastered which to my understanding is a full metal game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I've got exactly the same iMac as you... but it came with HighSierra installed (was any 2017iMac shipped with Sierra?).
My games run perfectly well, Bioshock Remastered included. Benchmark provided in F1 2017 shows 50+ fps in 2560x1440, with high quality settings... :)))
So... I presume your problem has something to do with system upgrading. (I would try reinstalling a problematic game... Mine were installed ON HighSierra).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.