Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
The only ones I've seen so far is F1 2016 and that weird OZ game.

Every year we get a new iPhone with a new processor with more cores and faster graphics yet we don't see hardly any games that take advantage! I don't have my 6 anymore but I'm pretty sure developers have even maxed out that processor for graphics yet. Developers try to code their game to run on multiple devices so they can make more money. I wish some developers would focus on the latest and greatest hardware and give us a truly mind blowing iPhone game and push the a10 for real and see what it can do!

Reactions: Sunny1990

yanksfan114

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2011
The only ones I've seen so far is F1 2016 and that weird OZ game.

Every year we get a new iPhone with a new processor with more cores and faster graphics yet we don't see hardly any games that take advantage! I don't have my 6 anymore but I'm pretty sure developers have even maxed out that processor for graphics yet. Developers try to code their game to run on multiple devices so they can make more money. I wish some developers would focus on the latest and greatest hardware and give us a truly mind blowing iPhone game and push the a10 for real and see what it can do!
You wont see many leaps with each new model. Most processor upgrades just help games run smoother by making FPS stay stable/high or load faster (also helped by the storage speed). But I agree, I wish there was a game like Infinity Blade in 2011(?) that really wowed me being on a mobile phone.

anonymous guy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
There may be games with slight graphical improvements like sharper textures or smoother models for the A10, but games will not be developed to iPhone 7 spec as the bare minimum for a long time.

Developers want to create games that will support a wide amount of iOS devices to maximize sales.

chatbr

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2015
If you havent tried it yet, Oceanhorn is a beast of a game. Amazing graphics and the developer updated the app every single time a new device is released with more graphic options.

Latest update for iPhone 7 added ecen more details and even a "Power Boost" feature, if you wanna increase the FPS of the game and doesnt care about battery, which I honestly think its amazing and should be included in every game.

Reactions: bhayes444

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
As mentioned there will be few, if any, games designed solely for the A10 but there will be some which specifically take advantage of some of the new power. Though those are few at the moment.

But the good thing with iOS is it's linearity, with each new revision older games which weren't specifically designed for the new hardware also benefit from a boost. So some games that were less than optimal on older hardware become much improved. Even some that were good to begin with benefit from smoother gameplay with higher frame rates.

So, all of that needless waffle aside, here's some awfy bonny games to give a go. (In no particular order)

Unkilled
Asphalt8
Real Racing 3
Breakneck
AG Drive
Reckless Racing 3
Infinity Blade III
Oceanhorn
Dead Effect 2
Assassin’s Creed Identity
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Riptide GP Renegade
Geometry Wars 3
Wurds

That's about it off the top of my head. Oh and the last one is a complete and total lie, it's one of my freebies, though the spinning globe of words is kinda nice :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.