Games That Take Advantage of A9

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NickMcCandless, Sep 29, 2015.

1. NickMcCandless macrumors regular

Anyone here know what games take advantage of the powerful A9 in the 6S/6S Plus besides AG Drive?

2. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I'd like to know this as well. As well as apps that take advantage of 3D touch... besides Instagram that is.

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

As far as apps, take your pick of the listings and info:

https://www.google.com/#q=3d+touch+apps

4. NickMcCandless thread starter macrumors regular

More interested in games that actually use the power of this device, already enjoying the benefits of 3D Touch!

5. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

None that use even the A8's Metal capabilities anywhere close to their potential.

6. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Apps still have to run on A5, A6 or A7 at least, so you'll be waiting for a while.

7. NickMcCandless thread starter macrumors regular

Unkilled is the best looking game I've played so far. I understand they have to run on older hardware, but that's why it should work like PC gaming where it detects your phone's hardware and uses a graphic setting that is fit for the hardware so new adopters don't suffer.

Otherwise, why would Apple have such a strong focus on improving the GPU so much each year?

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

9. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

What was the game that apple invited the developers to show off at the iPhone 6s announcement? I feel like that's the only game right now. If it's even out.

10. NickMcCandless thread starter macrumors regular

That was Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade and doesn't come out till the holiday season

11. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Smooth as silk on my 6s plus. If anything it runs faster to point it's actually less calming. My perception.

12. NickMcCandless thread starter macrumors regular

Wish we would actually see games running and looking that good. Why does Apple push the graphics every year if there is nothing to use it?

13. bubbleboil macrumors member

It takes gaming console several year to push the boundaries of the system. So I guess 1 year is too short to let developer push the boundaries

14. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Apple gives developers the tools. They can't write the apps for them. Ask the developers why they're not making games that don't fully use the capabilities of the hardware.

15. NickMcCandless thread starter macrumors regular

I get it, just trying to understand why Apple would push the graphics performance so much each year if people aren't even taking advantage of the A8 yet

16. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

The more they offer, the more developers can tap into. If developers feel like iOS isn't good enough to support what they're doing, they'll go somewhere else instead.

17. NickMcCandless thread starter macrumors regular

Makes sense, just hope to see something soon. The only game I've seen that has impressed me the slightest is Unkilled but that's a game that looks just as good on the A7