Games with "unadvertised" iCade support?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ng7apoc, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ng7apoc macrumors member

Hi,

I recently bought myself an iPad Air (fantastic device!) and decided to get an iCade Core to go along with it. The iCade is also a great device but "official" game support is on the low side, however, I did notice to my delight that Sonic 2 works flawlessly with the iCade despite not mentioning iCade support and not appearing on any supported games list anywhere.

Guess what I'm asking really is does a full user compiled list exist somewhere with all those games on it?

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Also, if you aren't running iOS7 (iOS7 support is promised to arrive later this month), consider JB'ing and using Blutrol, which helps adding iCade support to tons of non-HW-controllable games.

4. ng7apoc thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for those links, I appreciate you taking the time to post them :) unfortunately like all the others I've found they list the same games and have not been updated in quite some time.

Sounds like something worth giving a try! I do have iOS 7 and whilst I hadn't really been all that interested in jailbreaking Blutrol has certainly piqued my interest and I see AirPlay mirroring now seems to work (with limitations) with XBMC... Might have to read up on jailbreaking and give it a try :)

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Then, don't purchase it yet - it's not known whether it'll indeed be updated to iOS7 or it goes the way of non-updated, commercial (and pretty expensive) tweaks.